Lifeline Program assists qualified customers
Many low-income families qualify for assistance with telephone charges or signing up for broadband Internet service, but don’t realize that this help is available to them. If you are experiencing financial difficulties, or have a friend or family member in this situation, LPC Connect encourages you to look into these programs:
Lifeline Telephone – This program provides qualified customers with a monthly discount on charges for their primary home phone line. For more details about this nationwide program, visit LifelineSupport.org.
Eligibility guidelines vary throughout the country. Here in Iowa, you can save monthly, and may qualify if you participate in at least one of the following programs:
- Medicaid (e.g. Title XIX/Medical, State Supplemental Assistance)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Income Below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see chart below)
Call LPC Connect at (319) 342-3369 for more information.